The account director collaborates with internal partners and team leaders throughout a project to ensure that what we deliver meets the client’s goals. They proactively form respectful and productive partnerships with all team members. We’re seeking someone who can champion ideas, inspire great work, effectively represent Ologie’s thinking to our clients, and work consultatively with clients to achieve success.
Here’s what you’ll be doing each day:
- Use your interpersonal savvy to rally internal and external agency resources to help bring strategic recommendations to life
- Consider the client business with a long-range perspective and identify opportunities to continue relationships
Own senior-level client relationships and foster a seamless partnership between the agency and the client (85% of time dedicated to relationship management and account growth)
- Participate in new business and continuing business activities, including pitches, planning sessions, proposal preparation, and some marketing activities (15% of time)
- Take total financial accountability for your client portfolio, including billing and forecasting
- Embody the crucial ability to actively address and resolve both current and unanticipated situations
To be successful in this role, our preference is that you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Have 8-12 years of relevant experience
- Are a habitual learner who stays current with intriguing and influential trends and formats in the industry, both online and off
- Are a strategic thinker with the big-picture vision and insights to propel big ideas and initiatives
- Are enthusiastic about business and passionate about communicating
- Possess a keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with business situations with a dedication towards positive outcomes
- Are familiar with being in an agency environment from direct experience in advertising, marketing, digital, brand, design or research consultancies
- Are a persuasive thinker and presenter with oral, written, strategic, and analytical skills
- Are a collaborative leader with strong, fully developed faculties for team leadership and partnership, who instinctively encourages and inspires problem-solving and teamwork
- Are an exceptional communicator with the self-awareness and courage to have honest, timely conversations
- Are a compassionate and engaging listener
- Are a proven leader with deep experience in branding and marketing strategies and campaigns
- Are familiar with higher education and nonprofit branding and marketing challenges and needs
- Are able to travel up to 30%
Don’t meet all of our preferences? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Ologie, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
More important details:
- This position can follow our hybrid work model at our office in Columbus, Ohio.
- The salary range for this position is $85,000-$105,000. Your final salary will be determined based on your training and relevant experience.
- Ologie offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, vision insurance; company-sponsored life and disability insurance; optional life insurance; mental health support; and a 401(k) profit-sharing plan with a company match. Paid time off includes your own flexible personal time, along with paid holidays throughout the year, including a holiday break (typically up to six days) at the end of December. We also offer a flextime work schedule.