At Ologie, the account director is the agency’s primary ambassador to the client and is a leader on the client partnership team. He or she manages an account team by offering leadership, mentoring, and guidance, with the specific goals of growing current client relationships and ensuring a great client experience. In this role, he or she also manages a portfolio of primary client relationships firsthand, and acts as a leadership resource to the others on the team.
The account director collaborates with internal partners and team leaders throughout a project to ensure that what we deliver meets the client’s goals. He or she proactively forms respectful and productive partnerships with all team members. We’re seeking someone who can champion ideas, inspire great work, effectively represent Ologie’s thinking to our clients, and work consultatively with clients to achieve success.
Here’s what you’ll be doing each day:
- Use your interpersonal savvy to rally internal and external agency resources to help bring strategic recommendations to life
- Consider the client business with a long-range perspective and identify opportunities to continue relationships
- Own relationships with both senior-level clients and day-to-day client contacts in collaboration with other Client Partnership team members .
- Foster a seamless partnership between the agency and the client (80% of time dedicated to relationships)
- Work as an advocate and mentor, managing the needs of team members to maximize their learning and productivity, and helping guide them toward growing their client relationships (10% of time)
- Participate in new business and continuing business activities, including pitches, planning sessions, proposal preparation, and some marketing activities (10% of time)
- Take total financial accountability for your client portfolio, including billing and forecasting
- Embody the crucial ability to actively address and resolve both current and unanticipated situations
To be successful in this role, you’ll be:
- A habitual learner who stays current with intriguing and influential trends and formats in the industry, both online and off
- A strategic thinker with the big-picture vision and insights to propel big ideas and initiatives
- Enthusiastic about business and passionate about communicating
- A persuasive thinker and presenter with oral, written, strategic, and analytical skills
- A collaborative leader with strong, fully developed faculties for staff management and partnership, who instinctively encourages and inspires problem-solving and teamwork
- An exceptional communicator with the self-awareness and courage to have honest, timely conversations
- A compassionate and engaging listener
Ideal Experience we’re looking for:
- Eight or more years of branding and marketing experience, including print and interactive projects
- Prior experience in the development of new business
- Solid experience in the financial management of and accountability for a portfolio of client business above $2 million
- At least four years of experience in managing and developing staff