In this role, you’ll have responsibilities within both accounting and resource management, and your work will be central to our efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability as a company. This hybrid position is designed to give you a broader view of how the business functions, and you’ll act as a liaison between business operations and business management. We create high-quality work, so you must be extremely organized and able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
You’ll report directly to the executive director of operations; you will also provide support to the director of accounting, who will provide tasks and responsibilities directly, as necessary. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, adaptable, and detail-oriented, and will easily embrace our company culture. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about what they do.
- Code and enter all vendor invoices, expense reports, check requests, and credit card receipts with the correct general ledger account in the accounting program.
- Review all payables for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Maintain master vendor invoice files (using a filing and scanning process).
- Assemble and distribute weekly billing packets to account managers.
- Conduct weekly client invoicing, producing invoices and timely delivery to clients.
- Submit and track electronic client invoices.
- Prepare and scan all receipts and invoices related to business expenses.
- Use our accounting software (Clients & Profits) to enter all required data related to the prepared receipts and invoices.
- Reconcile and download credit card charges.
- Aid in the creation and distribution of weekly capacity and traffic reports.
- Contribute to the oversight of data in our resourcing tool (Smartsheet), assisting in linking new schedules, archiving closed jobs, and the like.
- Support the executive director of operations in completing and tracking POs.
- Update the weekly revenue recognition spreadsheet (we call it the “green sheet”) in conjunction with the executive director of operations.
- Manage the front door intercom and security throughout the day.
Weekly Meetings and Expectations
- Attend studio tracker and projection meetings, working with the finance team and using insight and feedback from the client services team to properly reflect project information on the weekly projection reports.
- Attend resource management meetings with the executive director of operations and project managers. Assist the executive director of operations in collecting notes, feedback, and action items about project resourcing concerns and capacity. Follow up on action items, as needed and directed by the executive director of operations.
- Assist the executive director of operations in various other meetings to support resourcing functions throughout the business, including digital, video, strategy, and production departments.
- Attend additional meetings as needed and defined by management.
- Review Smartsheet (our resourcing tool) to ensure its proper usage by project managers and maintain the tool to guarantee proper system capacity for future work.
- Properly file and manage financial and accounting paperwork.
- Ensure that POs and freelance usage are tracked, monitored, and up to date.
- Prepare and distribute various month-end reports.
As-Needed and Ongoing Tasks
- Support the executive producer with the management and tracking of rights and releases.
- Review and confirm all independent contractor agreements (quarterly).
- Support client-specific documentation (such as client-required statements of work).
- Assist the marketing staff with RFP site registrations, forms, electronic submissions, and system access.
- Maintain master vendor files (vendor files include W-9s, purchase orders, contracts, and other documents).
- Prepare and distribute 1099s.
- Evaluate and determine opportunities to improve efficiency with all processes.
- Research and recommend programs, vendors, policies, and procedures to improve our efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Support and Backup Duties
- Pull receipts for reconciliation.
- Pull and prepare reports and audit use of office equipment for client billing.
Hard Skills Needed
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Excellent data-entry abilities.
- The ability to learn and develop proficiency in new accounting software.
- Forward thinking: the ability to contribute to and establish efficiencies.
Soft Skills Needed
- The ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks.
- Good time-management concepts and techniques.
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, and patience.
- The ability to analyze complex information, draw logical conclusions, and make sound recommendations.
- The ability to anticipate logical next requests and, when possible, provide information in advance.
- A drive to make improvements and increase efficiency in processes.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with all staff.
- Effective communication, both orally and in writing.
- A “team player” attitude, including a willingness to assist with tasks that may not be related to accounting.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, preferred.
- Two to three years of general accounting experience, preferred.
Ologie is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we respect and seek to empower each individual and support the various cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.