This role serves as a leader and resource for strategic client planning, championing ideas, inspiring great work, identifying new opportunities for client growth, and tracking performance. Partners with the leaders from the other agency functions to ensure that everyone is on the same page and working towards the same objectives. Proactively forms respectful, collaborative and effective partnerships with all team members.
On a daily basis, you are responsible for:
- Owning 6-8 client relationships and fostering a seamless partnership between the agency and the client.
- Having an in-depth understanding about the client’s goals, perspectives, needs, culture, business and all other relevant information that impacts the success of the project.
- Driving the course of the project by understanding the scope and budget of the project and how to work within those limitations; adjusts the work plan and activities as needed along the way.
- Total financial accountability for client portfolio including billing and forecasting.
- Providing the client with a clear understanding of what to expect during the engagement with Ologie, from project planning to budget planning.
- Sharing internal leadership with relevant and timely updates, ranging from project status to red flags when there are concerns.
- Utilizing interpersonal savvy to rally internal and external resources to help bring strategic and creative recommendations to life.
- Identifying opportunities to build the client engagement using a long range perspective to continue the relationship.
- Participating in new business and continuing business activities including pitches, planning sessions, and proposal preparation and some marketing activities.
- Proactively address and remedy current and unanticipated situations
To be successful in this role you’ll possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Confident knowledge of all agency practices and financial health of their client portfolio. Works to stay current in industry and marketing information. Will recognize and champion ideas to improve team practices and quality of work. Expected to have working knowledge of all business tactics. Business responsibilities may expand outside of their portfolio of work. May serve as a mentor for team members to expand their expertise.
Be a consultative leader with a portfolio of various sized clients. Proactively combine your knowledge of your job, your practical experience and creative thinking to solve problems for your clients and others on the project team. Serve as the lead in agency client interactions throughout the project lifecycle; run all meetings, discovery calls, milestone conversations, etc. Interest in coaching and mentoring junior team members.
Your skills as a strategic thinker are developing to see with the big picture vision and insights to drive ideas and initiatives.You help to drive a strategic perspective with a project acting as a voice with key client insights that help inform your internal partners in creative and strategy. You always look ahead and plan ahead.
Confidence, poise and the ability to present and have smart discussions with all levels of an audience are highly developed. You are able to articulate complex thoughts into simple, clear language for various audiences and communication methods. You are a compassionate and engaging listener and are aware of and responsive to verbal and nonverbal communication styles. Your role as a lead voice on the team and with internal partners is growing.
You give sound counsel on the clients challenges and suggest impactful solutions. This builds trust and confidence in your abilities to steer a valued relationship. As a result the client relationships you cultivate and strengthen create a firm foundation from which the agency expands its scope of work with existing clients. You are successful in leveraging your internal relationships to diplomatically push work to the best outcome creatively and strategically and can protect the big idea once developed.