In this role, you will support the efforts of our account management staff and other agency partners to ensure the most effective and efficient process, in order to provide a best-in-class experience to our clients. This includes overseeing the digital and media team’s workflow, advocating for the strategic success and delivery of final products, and providing a bird’s-eye view of all elements in progress to help determine priorities for the team. You’ll also be on the front lines of managing projects in the day-to-day, including tracking work, identifying issues, and finding solutions.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Manage the agency’s digital and media workflow by motivating, supporting, and getting the most out of our internal team, to ensure that we hit our milestones and meet our clients’ expectations.
- Facilitate communication within the department and across the agency, acting as a liaison and speaking as an expert on process, timing, internal resources, client communications, and more.
- Work with the executive director of digital and media and with the greater project management team as we continually develop and improve internal procedures to meet account and client needs.
- Oversee the digital and media process for client projects, to ensure that we are meeting all milestones on time, monitoring budgets, and informing stakeholders of project status.
You are the first line of defense for account and project management, advocating internally for the digital and media team’s workload and their capacity to deliver excellent work, while helping to solve problems, field any needs, and address any gaps.
- Scoping: You will manage the approval process on digital and media project estimates, facilitating the review process with the proper stakeholders to identify missing, incomplete, or incorrect information that might impact the project’s cost and delivery.
- Resourcing: You’ll define and manage resource allocation for the digital and media team, including external partners as needed.
- Timing: You’ll collaborate with internal stakeholders (in account management, strategy, and creative) to set expectations and develop timelines for creating and refining assets, based on internal resources, client expectations, and review cycles.
- Daily Standups and Reports: You will lead daily team standup meetings, including documentation and follow-up to solve any blocks or barriers for team members.
- Technical Liaison: You’ll work closely with the group’s technical resources to obtain technical specifications for digital projects and communicate them to internal and external stakeholders.
- Tools: You’ll assist with identifying the best tools and technology to enhance project management and flow.
You’ll draw on your knowledge of best practices in project management to facilitate efficient project execution, focusing on smooth, productive interactions as well as speed to launch.
- You will partner with the digital and media team and the client in positive, professional, and constructive ways, establishing solid relationships and trust.
- You’ll draw on your digital project experience to identify risks throughout the project’s duration.
- You’ll respond effectively to client questions and set clear expectations for timing and next steps.
- You will provide timely status and reporting for all major deliverables to your teams and internal partners.
- You’ll lead and support on client calls, working alongside account managers as a subject-matter expert.
- You will ensure that all deliverables adhere to our high standards.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Be passionate about continued improvement to internal processes and workflow
- Have strong analytical skills, including a working knowledge of digital performance metrics.
- Be a team player, working effectively as a contributor in a team environment and being willing to roll up your sleeves and help out in any way you can.
- Be a problem-solver and creative thinker, both collaborative and flexible.
- Be a self-starter who can proactively manage your workday and assignments, with a willingness to seek suggestions from peers and others.
- Be reliable, with the high level of responsibility required to meet the challenges of working remotely.
- Be driven, setting and prioritizing goals, and achieving them as scheduled.
- Be a multi-tasker who can handle many issues, items, and functions at once and who can deal rapidly with multiple items in a prioritized sequence.
- Be flexible, with the capacity to adjust nimbly to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
- Be client oriented — our relationship begins with the client and extends to the agency.
- Be an advanced communicator and presenter, with clear confidence whether you’re presenting to mid-level client groups or leading large discussions with clients and agency teams
- Have leadership skills, including the ability to act on your own initiative and to manage the progress of other people’s assigned tasks (both internally and on the client side).
- Have a technical mindset, with a solid understanding of web design and current web technologies.
- Be steady, working well under pressure and managing your time effectively.
- Be open-minded, with a willingness to take direction from others.
Preferred Professional Experience
- Eight years of experience (or more) working on digital projects.
- Five years of experience (or more) in project management, and a proven ability to handle competing priorities in a marketing agency environment.
- Knowledge of web and media standards and best practices.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in managing multiple teams or individuals with competing priorities and projects.
- Industry experience in higher education is a plus.
- Bonus points for marketing experience, marketing automation experience, editorial skills, and a background in design or web development.