At Ologie, a strategist’s role is to inform and inspire great work. That means you’ll get to support and participate in the research and strategy function across a broad range of branding and marketing projects. Strategists are creative thinkers and dot connectors who love crafting simple, elegant solutions to complex brand challenges.
Serving as a connection point between the strategy team and other teams at Ologie, like client partnership, project management, research, digital and media, and creative, you’ll be viewed by peers as a rising subject matter expert with strong fundamental skills in branding and digital marketing.
ROLE DETAILS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the discovery and crafting of key insights through activities like:
- Reviewing existing client documents, plans and research
- Reviewing current marketing and communication touch points
- Auditing peer, competitor, and category to uncover best practices and opportunities
- Moderating interviews and focus groups
- Interpreting and summarizing quantitative research
- Gathering and distilling secondary research
- Evaluating web analytics and social media data
- Creating and facilitating interactive workshop activities
- Co-author and present distinct strategic deliverables including, but not limited to, brand platforms, enrollment marketing plans, fundraising campaigns, and general marketing strategies that tell a clear story and inspire action. Common strategic deliverables include:
- Brand essence, positioning, messaging, and personality
- Audience, channel, and tactic prioritization
- Campaign and communications planning
- Brand rollout, training and launch planning
- Naming and brand architecture
- Collaborate with partners in research, strategy, accounts, digital and media, and creative studios to inform a project approach and propose activities that will fuel great work
- Work closely with project teams to ensure that ideas and perspectives are considered from all disciplines in the strategy development process
- Develop expertise on specific clients, the category of higher education, and the general practice of strategy
- Share trends and best practices with Ologie team members and peers (when applicable)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two to four years of developing and presenting brand or marketing strategies
- Strong time management skills with a deadline orientation and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- A curious and collaborative temperament with an interest in working in a
- Exceptional visual, oral, and written communication skills
- The ability to work in a flexible, dynamic, and fast-paced environment, concurrently managing multiple projects and accounts
- Experience in higher education or with purpose-driven brands (highly preferred)
- A growth-mindset and willingness to continually evaluate and modify one’s
- Must possess the ability to work both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
Ologie is a marketing and branding agency dedicated to advancing education. We help colleges, universities and schools build their reputations, recruit students and gain philanthropic support. We do this through a digital first mindset, targeted marketing strategies and emotional storytelling — all working together to drive tangible results and change lives.
We’re a collection of people with a simple mantra: do the right thing. That means being good to each other and our community. Having fun and giving back. Caring deeply about the work we do and the impact it can have. We have the opportunity to make positive change, and we’re not about to waste it. It’s what makes Ologie, Ologie.
MORE IMPORTANT DETAILS
- This position can be fully remote or follow our hybrid work model at our office in Columbus, Ohio.
- At times, travel for client work will be required, which is typically 2-3 days per trip. Travel to Columbus will be required at least three times per year for major company events and typically lasts 3-5 days.
- This role will be assigned a peer mentor, which is standard practice across all new hires at Ologie. Your peer mentor serves as your advocate in your onboarding and growth at Ologie.
- The target salary range for this position is $46,000 – $52,000. Your final salary will be determined based on your relevant experience.
- Ologie offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, vision insurance; company-sponsored life and disability insurance; optional life insurance; mental health support; and a 401(k) plan with a company match. Generous paid time off includes your own flexible personal time, along with paid holidays, including a holiday break (typically up to six days) at the end of December. We also offer a flextime work schedule.
Don’t meet all of our preferences? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Ologie, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.