We are looking for someone who has strong digital copywriting skills and the ability to present valuable content that supports clients’ digital marketing strategies. This role requires you to work with existing brand guidelines (created by Ologie or our clients) and develop compelling communications that effectively represent the brand in a digital medium. You must have a passion for digital marketing, be detail-oriented, and work well within a team. The ideal candidate is a talented writer with experience creating copy for digital, web, and print, and has worked in an agency environment. We need someone who stays up to date on trends, developments, and topics in the industries we work with: higher education, healthcare, and non-profit.
Here’s what you’ll be doing each day:
- Demonstrate an advanced level of understanding of your craft and discipline
- Think in stories and know how to capture attention with just a few lines of copy
- Distill complex ideas into thoughtful and clever headlines, copy, and scripts
- Carry out bold ideas and creative writing in a timely manner – you will think and write, edit and manage content efficiently, meeting all internal and client deadlines
- Work in a variety of mediums and disciplines, with a passion to always learn more
- Collaborate with your creative lead on the approach, production and implementation of projects
- Work with a variety of internal teams, catering to client relationship and needs
- Be present for all parts of a project from kick off through production, seeing through the details that matter
- Present client work in a thoughtful, well-articulated manner
- Work with integrity, accountability and an enthusiastic spirit
- Stay up to date on industry trends in web and mobile experiences for digital campaigns
To be successful in this role, our preference is that you:
- Have 2-4 years of relevant experience as a writer or editor at a marketing, advertising, and/or branding agency or within a digital marketing team at a medium-to-large sized organization
- Have written copy for social media ad platforms including Facebook and Instagram
- Possess a deep knowledge of digital copywriting across social, display, and programmatic platforms
- Have experience collaborating on digital marketing campaigns
- Have excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills
- Are able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and have a proven ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Receive feedback with an open mind and a willingness to change copy based on the needs or wants of a client or opinions of members of the project team while also knowing when to defend the work by effectively explaining your reasons and rationale as it relates to the clients’ objectives
Don’t meet all of our preferences? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Ologie, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
More important details:
- Ologie maintains a clientele of purpose-driven organizations. This position may support projects for colleges, universities, and schools, healthcare systems, and nonprofits advancing arts and culture.
- This position can follow our hybrid work model at our office in Columbus, Ohio.
- The salary range for this position is $58,000-$62,000. Your final salary will be determined based on your training and relevant experience.
- Ologie offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, vision insurance; company-sponsored life and disability insurance; optional life insurance; mental health support; and a 401(k) profit-sharing plan with a company match. Paid time off includes your own flexible personal time, along with paid holidays throughout the year, including a holiday break (typically up to six days) at the end of December. We also offer a flextime work schedule.