This role focuses on identifying, cultivating, and securing new clients that fit Ologie’s business opportunity requirements.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Research and identify qualified leads:
- Work leads generated through Ologie’s marketing efforts.
- Identify contacts within preferred industry sectors but primarily within higher education.
- Research and leverage databases to identify relevant leads and cultivate prospective business.
Respond to requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for quotes (RFQs), and invitations to provide capabilities presentations:
- Develop/write/edit compelling proposal content.
- Selected and edit as needed appropriate case studies.
- Determine scope, approach to solution, and budget.
- Work with the Business Development Managers and Production Designers to produce the desired effect in a proposal document.
- Build relationships with decision-makers throughout the pursuit process with the intention of securing their business.
Lead “pitch” presentations in situations where Ologie is named as a finalist for new business including:
- Developing an effective pitch/capabilities presentation
- Identify and prep best fit pitch team
- Own all pitch logistics including travel, technology and related elements
- Follow up after the presentation with materials or additional requests
Support marketing efforts:
- Attend conferences.
- Deliver podiums and presentations as appropriate.
- Plan for conferences where an Ologie presence would likely yield leads.
- Provide insight and analysis that informs the strategic direction of marketing Ologie.
- Explain ideas, concepts, and other intangible services to prospective clients.
- Develop and continual refinement of marketing and sales tools, practices, and deliverables, adapting to the needs of prospective clients.
- Act as a leader in our team and in our company; sharing thoughts, work, and ideas to help everyone grow and do better work.
- Analysis of business development data and analytics to determine strengths, weaknesses, trends, and opportunities of the sales and business model.
To be successful in the role you’ll have:
- A proactive approach to problem solving, including the ability to take initiative and think creatively.
- A quick, easy, friendly, and engaging (non-academic) communication style.
- Critical thinking: the ability to distill key insights and adapt accordingly.
- Strong communication skills: the ability to listen, understand and translate information to various audiences.
- Negotiation skills (no fear of talking about money).
- Proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization).
- A strong presence and the ability to make presentations to small and large groups including executive leaders, communicators and marketers within a prospect organization.
- Ability to price projects and services such that they will lead to profitable relationships for the firm. This requires a basic understanding of firm’s financial accounting.
- Strong writing skills, especially as it pertains to proposals that will include client background, client observations (point-of-view), methodology and scope.
- Keen attention to detail.
- The ability to develop practical business plans in support of strategic goals.
- A passion for creative cultures and strong visual acumen.
- Flexibility, partnered with a positive attitude.
- Ability to collaborate with, guide, and direct colleagues and partners.
- Availability and willingness to travel regionally and nationally by plane and automobile.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, business management, or related field
- 6-8 years of proven success in a business development role
- Strong knowledge of Keynote, Word, and Excel
- Agency experience is a plus
- Higher Education experience is a plus
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) with an employer match
- 20 days of PTO, and a week off between Christmas and New Years
- Flex hours
- Dog-friendly office
- Steady supply of M&M’s