As a project manager, you’ll be the front-line, day-to-day manager for a portfolio of projects: tracking their progress, identifying issues, and finding solutions. In this role, you’ll support the efforts of our account management staff, as well as partners in creative and strategy, to ensure the most effective and efficient process, in order to provide a best-in-class experience to our clients.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Supervise and coordinate day-to-day work on all assigned clients and projects.
- Facilitate communication within project teams.
- Provide timely status and reporting for all major deliverables to your teams.
- Identify the assets, resources, and timing needed to execute a project.
- Create and execute project work plans, revising them as necessary to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Compile or acquire all the necessary production and technical specifications for the project.
- Work with discipline leads to create project schedules.
- Open, populate, and maintain projects in our project management tool and internal storage systems with the necessary project information.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the project.
- Coordinate and collaborate with both the account manager and the client regarding the client’s needs and deliverables.
- Consistently communicate relevant project information to the project team.
- Convey project changes and updates to appropriate team members.
- Facilitate team and client meetings for reviewing the work.
- Regularly update the status of projects in the agency software system.
- Hold regular work progress meetings with the project team.
- Manage the routing and approval process.
- Ensure that documents and digital assets are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Oversee quality assurance, testing, and compliance.
- Coordinate with teams to ensure accuracy in the versioning process and procedures.
- Manage contingency planning, assessing and managing the impact of changes to scope or timing.
- Document all client changes and requests.
- Organize and catalog all major assets at the end of a project.
- Continually provide insights and recommendations on process improvements.
- Partner with account management on cost and duration estimates, including revenue projection breakdowns.
- Manage project budgets and project profitability.
- Monitor “scope creep” and reassess projects in partnership with colleagues in account management.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Be steady, working well under pressure and managing your time effectively.
- Have a spirit of teamwork and cooperation, both within the Client Partnership team and across the organization.
- Be able to handle many issues, items, and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in a prioritized sequence.
- Be flexible, with the capacity to adjust nimbly to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
- Practice an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Be able to act on your own initiative.
- Be open-minded, with a willingness to take direction from others.
- Be willing to seek suggestions from peers and others.
Professional Experience Preferred
- Three to four years in project management, and a proven ability to handle competing priorities in a marketing agency environment.
- Understanding of marketing strategy, creative, photography and videography, print production, media, and digital deliverables.
- Experience with Microsoft, Google Workspace, Basecamp, Slack, and other project management tools.