Ologie has an excellent opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Digital Designer. The ideal candidate is a hands-on conceptual thinker with strong digital presentation skills. Must be organized, have excellent communication skills, with the ability to work in a face-paced, creative environment. The designer will be required to work on production and design to support a variety of creative projects, from hands on design and conception of website templates.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Ownership of your work and schedule, consistently delivering against deadlines and managing your time efficiently.
- Interacting with clients to present your work fluently and compellingly, to accurately interpret feedback, and to move things forward with clarity, decisiveness, and momentum.
- Work on leading the design phases of digital projects from discovery, UX/UI, visual design, through to production and launch.
- Mentoring team members with less experience and contributing to the collective knowledge of the creative group and the agency as a whole.
To be successful in this role:
- You are a driven individual who can collaborate and design at a high level to produce memorable, compelling, and effective work.
- You have strong conceptual and strategic skills, developing solutions that cross all platforms of brand experience. You are comfortable working with colleagues in other disciplines, including print, marketing, and video.
- You can work in a variety of mediums and formats, with a passion for always learning more. You also possess excellent typography skills and an innate sense of hierarchy and layout.
- Good knowledge of all the relevant software and processes.
- Strong portfolio showing high-end design and creative artworking for digital asset creation.
- An understanding of designing for and using a content management system like Drupal or WordPress.
- Collaborative spirit with team members to ensure design follows best practices and is executable from a development, budget, and timing standpoint.
- Typically, this position is held by a designer with several years of experience, a firm knowledge of print and digital media, and strong presentation, production, and mentorship skills.
- Keen understanding of user experience design, information architecture and usability principles.
- Expert understanding of typography, color and layout design principles.
- Strong knowledge of responsive web design.
- Must have experience working in sketch, invision and Adobe Suite.
- Must have an understanding of design systems and a mobile first mentality.
- Must have experience designing responsive web experiences.