Strategy roles at Ologie have two practice areas: brand (defining the story) and integrated marketing (executing the brand). This strategy role focuses on the latter. Integrated marketing includes all of the ways that a brand comes to life, including campaigns, tactics, and experiences, with an emphasis on digital channels. Your role is to be a champion for meaningful brand interactions, no matter the application.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing strategic insights and advice for clients within your assigned portfolio. You’ll define comprehensive marketing plans and guide the implementation of those plans over time, in collaboration with strong internal partners and team leaders. Additionally, you’ll ensure that clients’ goals are met, in both the short term and the long term.
Specifically, here’s what you’ll be asked to do:
Develop strong relationships with key clients
- Interact with senior-level clients as a consultant, partnering with other Ologists, and have a big- picture point of view on advancing the relationship.
- Contribute to the development of each project’s approach by identifying and creating the right processes, tools, and deliverables to achieve the project’s objectives.
- Continually assess what makes the project and relationship successful, adapting the process and approach as needed.
- Draw on analytics and related data to evaluate the performance of the client’s marketing tactics, develop strategic insights and recommendations, and translate them to a plan for measuring performance against business objectives.
- Drive the strategic perspective within a project, being a voice for the key insights that should inform and guide the work.
- Lead client meetings, work sessions, and presentations to move others toward a singular, compelling vision for strategy engagements in both branding and integrated marketing.
- Author compelling and distinctive marketing plans that translate a clear story for the client’s brand and how the story should come to life across experiences, tactics, campaigns, environments, and media channels.
- Create strategy deliverables — including discovery and research summaries, briefs, project activities such as workshops and working sessions, and the strategy itself — as defined through marketing plans and media strategies.
- Own the marketing strategy and planning deliverables for larger client relationships and selected smaller engagements, collaborating closely with team partners.
Collaborate across the agency
- Provide general strategic marketing counsel to all Ologie client engagements.
- Collaborate with other internal leaders to understand how integrated marketing strategy and brand strategy can better align to inform creative exploration and creative development.
- Work cross-functionally within the agency to ensure the successful and innovative execution of approved strategies.
- Draw on all possible channels to amplify each client’s core brand strategy, assuring a seamless connection between online and offline tactics.
- Work with Ologie’s research manager and third-party partners for specialized research, planning, and insights development.
Support the growth and development of the integrated marketing practice
- Collaborate with Ologists from client partnership, strategy, and creative to develop the optimal approach for each project and client, identifying the right activities that will yield the right strategy to fuel great work.
- Share and continue to develop expertise and thought leadership within key client categories, including higher education, health care, cultural institutions, and community organizations.
- Advance the integrated marketing offer within the company, focusing on elevating what we currently deliver and establishing new deliverables and best practices.
- Evaluate the offer and assessment of success, continually looking for opportunities to further enhance and expand the strategy practice.
Contribute to business development
- Support new business opportunities for brand experience development, ranging from market planning to developing multi-channel campaigns and initiatives.
- Contribute to business development efforts by helping to package the integrated marketing offer in marketing and sales materials.
- Develop and deliver thought leadership on integrated marketing and brand activation to elevate Ologie’s expertise and reputation in this area.
- Consider the client business with a long-range perspective and help account managers identify opportunities to continue relationships.
To thrive in this role, you must be:
- Confident in presenting to large groups and in consulting with executive leaders on high-level
- Able to blend business, strategic, and creative thinking.
- Successful in prioritizing and segmenting multiple, complex audiences for clients.
- Collaborative, always seeking input and ideas that lead to a better product.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and setting a direction for the first time — both for yourself and for your clients.
- Able to continually rethink and improve your own processes and ways of doing.
- Encouraged and excited by a fast-paced environment with frequent change.
- A quick thinker who can switch between different clients, each with various needs, and multiple different marketing efforts.
- Able to make decisions and move ideas forward.
- Willing to travel frequently.
- A creative-minded professional.
- You will work as a peer to leaders within our brand strategy group and integrated marketing group.
- Currently, this role is for an experienced contributor, but does not include responsibilities for managing people.
Ologie is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we respect and seek to empower each individual and support the various cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.