This position is responsible for the digital and media project from inception through completion. You’ll thrive on problem-solving, meeting deadlines, and staying on budget.
This role also collaborates with internal teams to help define unique and effective strategies in order to ensure the client reaches the highest potential for success. You’ll use data analytics to help define scopes and objectives to create solutions that support the client’s overall digital and media business objective.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a strong desire to be an active learner and contributor to strategic, production, and creative discussions.
Here’s what you’ll be doing each day:
- Contribute to the development of each project’s approach by identifying and creating the right processes, tools, and deliverables to achieve the project’s objectives
- Perform website technical audits and review website analytics to provide key insights into user behavior and site performance.
- Collaborate in strategy deliverables — including discovery and research summaries, briefs, project activities such as workshops and working sessions, and the strategy itself.
- Help create website navigation schemes and site information architecture.
- Create technical documentation for the development team; translating content strategy and creative comps into components, content/post type definitions, and website functionality notes.
- Assist in the management of the development process; talking with and communicating with the development team, providing assistance and problem solving when necessary.
- Assist in performing QA and site reviews following development, and translating client review notes into actionable development tasks.
- When necessary, assist in migrating from the old platform to the new.
To be successful in this role, our preference is that you have the following technical skills and experience:
- 2-4 years of experience with website projects
- Ability to work with onsite and offsite resources
- Knowledge of the website build process
- Experience with the day-to-day activities of a website build, such as queueing and tracking work, tickets, and deliverables attached to a website build
- Experience modeling responsive web experiences
- Experience facilitating usability tests
- Ability to perform high-level reviews of website analytics and website functional and technical reviews
- Ability to create navigation schemes, content priorities, and technology recommendations through visual sketches that will give clients a clear indication of their site before moving to design prototyping and development
- Familiarity with website governance planning/schema
- Experience with effectively documenting website requirements (component functionality, post/content type definitions, etc.) to enable the development team to be successful
- Experience in following Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), and W3-defined code practices
- Experience performing QA/reviews of a developed website
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager systems
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator/XD, Invision, and Sketch for extracting graphic assets
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Drupal CMS platforms
- Familiarity with HTML, PHP, and CSS languages
In addition to the technical skills listed above, it is also important that you have:
- Familiarity with various content management systems
- The ability to be organized and methodical in tracking work progress
- The ability to communicate effectively across diverse teams
- The ability to clearly present complex technical information to a variety of audiences ranging in their technological acumen
- The ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to address various types of client requests ranging from bug fixes to feature enhancements for existing websites
- Exceptional problem-solving skills for troubleshooting and research
- Experience with eCommerce tools
More important details:
- Ologie maintains a clientele of purpose-driven organizations. This position may support projects for colleges, universities, schools, healthcare systems, and nonprofits advancing arts and culture.
- This position can follow our hybrid work model at our office in Columbus, Ohio, with our preference for candidates to reside in Columbus, the surrounding area, or within the State of Ohio.
- The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $70,000. Your final salary will be determined based on your training and relevant experience.
- Ologie offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance; company-sponsored life and disability insurance; optional life insurance; mental health support; and a 401(k) profit-sharing plan with a company match. Paid time off includes your own flexible personal time, along with paid holidays throughout the year, including a holiday break (typically up to six days) at the end of December. We also offer a flextime work schedule.